“Start copying what you love. Copy copy copy copy. At the end of the copy you will find yourself.”
Austin Kleon’s STEAL LIKE AN ARTIST
So many of us never start anything because we get so paralyzed by the endless opportunities out there. We don’t want to commit ourselves to any one thing, because how can we choose if we don’t even know what we want in the first place?
But the great thing about not knowing what you want for your life or career – is that this is the perfect place to start. Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started. Get started now and you will figure it out along the way.
So if you find yourself feeling lost in the direction of your career or creative work, you will appreciate this episode on Austin Kleon’s Steal Like an Artist.
In this episode, I talk about
* How to find yourself and discover your unique art by stealing
* My experience with the Imposter Syndrome and how it can affect you whether you’re experienced in your field or not
* Faking it until you make it
* The importance of having a hobby and not getting paid or noticed for your work
* Figuring out who you’re going to copy and what you’re going to copy
* Being multi-passionate and liking entirely different things
* The mashup of stolen ideas that make up the unique you
* Why falling short of being someone you admire is actually a great thing
Want this audiobook for free? Get it FREE on Audible HERE.