“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure.”
Chris Guillebeau’s The Happiness of Pursuit
Sometimes we get caught up in the mundaneness of our work lives and crave for that JOLT OF ADVENTURE. Some of us only find it 2 to 3 weeks out of the year, and then wait around the rest of the year for our next big trip.
But as busy as we all are, most of us don’t realize that we still have enough free time to pursue hobbies and take on opportunities that would provide for PERSONAL GROWTH. If we wanted to travel, we could book a flight and TRAVEL to wherever in the world we want or can afford to. Whatever we want to learn, is literally a google search away.
But these opportunities and unlimited choices can definitely be overwhelming, because after our basic needs are met, how do we choose what hobby or project to take on, and still hold down our adult responsibilities of a full time job?
In Chris Guillebeau’s The Happiness of Pursuit, he suggests you instill a sense of adventure into your everyday life by taking on a QUEST.
In this episode, I talk about
* Steve Kamb – The guy who leveled up his life by treating it like a video game
* Sasha Martin – The woman who cooked a different meal from a different country for her family every week for 195 weeks
* Julie Powell – The woman who decided to take on a challenge to make all 524 recipes from Julia Child’s classic French cookbook in 365 days
* Scott Young – The guy who taught himself the world-renowned 4 year MIT computer science curriculum in just 1 year
* Mimi Ikonn’s story of owning a million-dollar business and still feeling unfulfilled, and much more
Want these audiobooks for free? Get it FREE on Audible HERE.
YES, I WANT ACCESS TO EXCLUSIVE CONTENT!