“You’ve gotta start somewhere and I think (you should) start putting yourself out there before you feel like you’re ready, because you eventually will catch up”
Cara Alwill Leyba
Founder, The Champagne Diet & Author, Girl Code
Current location: New York, New York
Education: Master Life Coach, World Coach Institute
Corporate: Director of Client Services, Digital Ad Sales
Creative: Author, Speaker, Master Life Coach
Cara is on a mission to empower women to be the change agent in their own lives and to go on a particular diet – one that helped her shed the excess weight she gained while working at a corporate job that didn’t fulfill her. The diet?
Well, it’s called THE CHAMPAGNE DIET– it involves leading a fabulous life and celebrating yourself each and every single day (oh and of course it involves drinking champagne too!)
Cara really opens up and shares her journey from unhappy and overweight corporate employee to BESTSELLING AUTHOR, living life on her own GLAMOROUS terms. You will definitely find motivation to lead a healthier and fab life after listening to this episode – so cheers to that!
In this episode, she talks about
* Going from employee to entrepreneur and finding freedom and creative success
* Being a successful self-published author (after 19 rejections and 4 books) with her book Girl Code making Inc. magazine’s list as one of the “Top 9 books every female entrepreneur should read” alongside Sheryl Sandberg, Arianna Huffington, and Sophia Amoruso!
* Her major fail (and redemption) speaking at the American Chamber of Commerce in Tokyo, when she panicked and forgot her speech
* How she deals with uncertainty in a career path that doesn’t have a roadmap
* Her various revenue streams and how she gets creative making money
* Intuition and vulnerability
* The importance of professionalism
* Her unique take on shifting your mindset and looking at your employer as your angel investor while you’re building your business, and much more!
Favorite quote on success
“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.”
Cara’s Latest Books
Want these audiobooks for free? Get it FREE on Audible HERE.
Connect with Cara here:
Exclusive Content for Subscribers
Yes! I want exclusive content!